The Once In Motion Team would really love to give you guys an opportunity to voice your opinions, give advice, and share your experiences with the new comers of Argentina. We want to use our blog page as an outlet for study abroad students, backpackers, and world travelers to share their thoughts and hints about Buenos Aires to the future gringos.
This is NOT a contest; we are just looking for informal, personal blog entries about whatever you might think is helpful. We encourage you to send in short blogs (around 400 characters) about anything you have learned about the city while living here. We’re hoping to post new, fresh entries every three weeks or so and we want them to be personal blogs from you all!
¨Think about when you first arrived to the city and everything was so new and overwhelming, was there anything that you wish someone would have told you about ahead of time?¨
We want to provide an ongoing thread of blogs that will help guide the incoming students and travelers through this crazy city. Some possible topics would be:
- Great “off the beaten path” places that you’ve found to meet young locals, other travelers, other students, etc.
- Hints on how to avoid uncomfortable situations with living in a new culture.
- Your experiences with sneaky cab drivers, unreliable ATMS, or just being ripped off because you are a foreigner.
- Specific restaurants that serve your favorite foods, strange foods, etc.
- Places to shop! Santa Fe and Florida Street can be fun for a while, but there are so many great leather shops, Palermo boutiques, and vintage stores that are not so easy to find.
- Tips for girls in the boliches! How to get an Argentine man to understand the meaning of “NO”, or how to handle the piropos and pick up lines on the streets.
- Advice on how to live comfortably with a host family
You are free to write whatever you would like (good or bad) about the city, our goal is to help out the newbs!
When sending in an entry, please include: your name, your program (if you’re a study abroad student), and the semester or season you were here.
e-mail your post to email@example.com